~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Monday, January 3

Who the hell asked for this WEATHER?

Christmas Vacation must end! Snow days are not allowed to drag it on!

Though it did provide me with overhauling the living room. No more hole of crap the kids toss behind the couch when I tell them to pick up. No more bookcase of doom in the hallway to knock crap off of. No more stacks of magazines, bills etc set on top of anything tall enough to keep the kids from screwing with it. One room and a hallway including the closet of peace & tranquility.

SO, don't you go lookin in my potty or my kitchen. The Princess is obsessively and most compulsively removing her "pull-ups" where ever she desires and runnin butt naked through the house. Thankfully they are CLEAN when she does this. She is breakin me, if I don't get the wrinkles smoothed back out & tucked back in the bag in time, she "thinks" she MUST have a new one every 5 seconds. Drivin me nutso.

Anyway. One room down. Completely, ok, so there is some dust on picture frames, but other than that, DONE. Well, ok, carpets could stand a shampoo'n, but not in my control at the moment. I am feeling pretty good about it. Yeah, I am bloggin about a clean room. Not just the normal half-ass picked up presentable. I even hung the curtains back up that the monsters ripped down back around Turkey day.

And now I sit in my kitchen of crap. Clean Christmas dishes still waiting to be put away. (If I could decide where, that would at least be done). Typing and pondering where the hell to start in here. I thought I'd do it tonight now that everyone is asleep since they think fairies do everything around here anyway. But I am really tired. And cold. I so despise the gloom of winter.

I got bad news from Boston again, this time my friend's brother (33) is in the hospital suffering from pressure on his brain. They say he has no more "neurological response" left. He is the funniest little person (ok, the only "little" person I know.) He has super spirit and doesn't deserve to go so soon. He loved to go to & participate in the Goodwill Games and chase pretty girls. He loved his nephew and hopefully soon to be niece he will never get to meet. Anyway, they are flying "home" to Des Moines to be with him and say goodbye and such. I feel so awful for them it breaks my heart to know that such a wonderful, SANE, close knit family has to go thru something so heart wrenching. I wish I could be there. Someone obviously missed the request for a Happy New Year for those I love and care about. Please no more misery for quite some time. We have all had, seen and know of enough to last.

Sorry for the gloom, it's just weighing pretty heavy on my mind tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home