~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Monday, May 24

Oh So Cold!

Brr! What month is this? Stupid storms. Sick of wind. Brr. Brr. Brr. I am stockpiling those for next month when I am whining about sweat.

Let's see....Yesterday's birthday party cleared up a lot of my concern about Iowa drivers. Apparently, one only has to take the actual driving in a car test if one's birthday is unfortunate enough to fall on one of the 3 days a month they pick to do said test. Not moronic enough for you? You don't even have to play the chance game, one can call and find out what the dates are! OMG! Yes folks, stay off the sidewalks. The infamous SIL son (hubby's nephew) the one I fume over with the whole education system and the driving and any other pet peeves and safety concerns..has turned 16..and of course with the helpful "read the test to me" old lady in Atlantic Ia, he has allegedly passed. I am very afraid. Afraid, that he will hurt himself. Afraid, he will hurt someone else. Afraid of the riff this driving thing will cause with SIL & myself when I flat out state that MY kids are NEVER to be in a car while he is driving.

Has anyone figured out whom I can file a complaint with? No not that my SIL is confused cause one second her son is dumb and in special ed (for no other reason than they are both too lazy to put forth the effort necessary to succeed in school) But for the state of Iowa to allow this horrid thing to occur. I have nothing against special ed or the handicapped/disabled/mentally challenged or anything else. BUT, when someone has to READ the test to someone, that should be a serious warning sign, that this person is not responsible & or bright enough to be put behind the wheel. Oh, did I mention they are also going to read him his motorcycle test? See what I mean, double standards where SIL is concerned. Is he slow or not dear SIL? I agree on the not, but also KNOW his is not responsible enough for such a serious privledge.

Ok....I am done. I pray to God, nothing bad happens. Hmm. A letter to State Farm? (Hey Froggie, next time your premiums go up, it's cause they are willing to insure him.)

Let's see, my dumpster arrives Thursday for the Deranged CleanSweep. School is over for my YoungOne. OlderOne is done on Friday. All my loose siding (f'n wind!) has been resecured. I have nothing to wear to my cousin's high school graduation. Oh & South Beach is actually not bad even with some Dorito & cake indiscretion yesterday, still down 10 pounds by Day #8! Woo Hoo. Imagine if my lazy ass would exercise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home