~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Tuesday, August 24

Places/Things I miss

You know I really miss the Warner Bros store. Where else can bring such joy & shopping! It's not fair. I got the Princess a Tweety hair bow and she has nothing to wear with it. I LOVE that bird. Damn you AOL/Time Warner for lessening my mall love.

I also miss Fashion Find, ok, really I miss being able to fit in anything that they used to sell back in the day. Forenza is a jeans company, not a car. Thank you.

Jebb's Pub. Now is a resteraunt, a bank and a few too many other things. Poor Lake Forest residents no longer have a drunk muddy trek back to their apartments.

Dreamers....For all the wrong reasons. Yes, I know their furnishings are available to visit at another lounge.

Peony Park.....For all the fun & trouble. For Sprite Nite. For Froggy's Grandma's company picnic. For all the lost innocence.

The way Westroads used to be, open walkway up on top, a chapel, the Revolving Door Lounge in the lowest level. Stupid arcade thing now.....Never got to experience that joy.

Showbiz Pizza....Hmm, same as Peony Park. For all the fun & trouble gotten into.

Indian Hills Theatre.....I sense a nostalgic trend of fun & trouble here.

Hotel parties, as grown ups we don't have a reason for these anymore and it kinda sucks. No sinks to overflow, no towel bars to break.

Parties in general when "the parents" are away. Oooops, I am the parent now. Perhaps I should get rid of that one.

Sneaking out. Maybe I can try that one again. Need somewhere to go though.

Bad boys...(see peony park, indian hills, dreamers......) Not really, but I miss the thrill of bad boys I guess is more acurate.

Cruising Dodge with the Frog in the Buick listening to rap music. Sick. Sick. Sick.

Off the path...BUT only having to pick up after MYSELF (or not as the case may have been)



This should spark some interesting sleep thoughts of the old subconcious huh!

Hey Frog, Thanks for being there for alot of those! You are the best.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Frog said…

    100% agreed. I miss afternoons filled with floating on a raft with the palm tree drink holders. I miss the yellow mustard Volarie. I miss throwing class rings back at the Volarie. I miss Target and it's receiving driveway. I miss ET. I could go on, but it's just too depressing. I need Pink Flamingo.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    peony park is GONE? what?


    Kidding :)

    seriously miss sprite night.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger svojoh said…

    Was shocked when I ran across comment on revolving door lounge. That someone else talked about it it was so long ago. Are you from O? That place was fun! I still have the cassette of me singing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home