~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Thursday, November 6

Feeling Metaphoric

Well today is the day. The beginning of the Grand 'ol Thirties! My parents have both asked me if I feel old, the question was put back to THEM....Do they feel old enough to have a 30 year old daughter? They both said indeed they do. Well then, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Just kidding!

My Girl was up at 3:30 singing Happy Birthday to Mommy, not really, she was having teeth issues, but still, I found myself reflecting happily on my life in the present. Staring out the window, I found myself wondering if my Mom sat in that same place with me 30 years ago. She I believe turns 60 next month. (I live in the same house as I was born in. The only real change is the couch is different but in the same spot, and a bay window instead of a single.) I found myself ever so thankful that I indeed did survive the Twenties. In the beginning of them, I had my doubts. They did make a turn for the better. Though I am now 3 decades old, I firmly believe this will be one of the best so far. The teens, I met the 2 "men" that I will forever love. The 20's, I "hated" them both and in the middle of the 20's I married the right one. So karma is on track. I have 3 beautiful, healthy, reasonable happy spoiled children and with the exception of not being independently wealthy, life is perfect. Knock on wood.

I did have more to reflect on, maybe a list of 30 things about me? But the Princess is singing. Grouchily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home