~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Tuesday, December 9

The Nightmare before Christmas

The snow is looming is the distance of the day. I so hate snow, but on the bright side I am not visiting dear ol' Boston this week! 4 Friggin feet man! I would hole up in my house & cry. But heres what kills me, in towns like that (NYC etc..) they get hammered with a TON of snow and poof the next day they have it all moved out of the way (into the Hudson River?) and life resumes beautifully. Here we get 3 stinking inches, it stays in everyone's way forever, giant brown piles of disgusting dirty snow 8 feet high that doesn't melt til like June. Except for Nebraska Furniture Mart, they NEVER have snowie eyesores in there lots. Does anyone know where they put it? Can they clue the rest of the morons in on it? It would brighten my spirits if I didn't have to see ugly dirty snow. Yuck.

Anyway...YoungOne said the cutest thing. Yeah, a little off to the Halloweenie spirit, but oh well, we were sitting down to watch Pirates of the Carribean and he says "are there scareytons in this movie? Meaning skeletons, but cracked us up none the less. So from now on folks, they are not skeletons, they are scareytons (unless it is an MCAT question, then answer correctly! :) So I am a silly mom, it humored me.

Today is my Mom's birthday in case you wanted to know. My 19 year old cousin is having surgery today to remove an ovarian cyst and to rule out endometriosis. I know these are "common" things, but as a mommy, I worry when it happens to someone so young. So today, I sit and worry I guess. Yes, I know they aren't a horrible scarey operation, but still she is the little sister I never knew I wanted.

PS. It is snowing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home