~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Sunday, November 30

Boiling Baby

The Princess has a boil on her bum. Odd. I am totally assuming after some online research yesterday, that is what it is. Ask-a-Nurse said to call the doctor's afterhours number, to which I was informed that it was a 4 to 5 hour wait for call backs. So, around 10:30 pm....it was suggested we take her in to the "urgent" care joint first thing when they open today, to avoid all the FLU invested people! Boil vs. flu? Oh the delights of motherhood continue. So here shortly we will venture off to see. There are only 2 pediatric ones, the first you'll recall the YoungOne's mosquito adventure from the 4th of July, the screaming & the rude doctor incident (144th & center)~so I will never return to that one. Since they are both nowhere close to home, we will venture to the other.

Where do boils come from? She bathes. She is not one of those dirty babies you see out in public and just want to take a wet wipe to them. Apparently they were more common in "the olden days". My mom said my uncle used to get them and Hubby said his sister & brother got them when they were kids. Hell, his sister just had them over the summer, a ton of them, ick, this is why we are going to the doc right away, cause apparently they can spread. OH MY!

Enough icky talk. Turkey day was uneventful. Been chasing a Chinese food desire for 2 days now, but it's been closed for Turkey day. Hubby had been chasin a rib desire, but his joint was open last night.....boo hoo for me. Oh well, I'll save that denero for stamp group this week!

Ever checked your mail to late? Apparently in my boil obsession, there were drinks to be had last night and I missed out. Make up drinks to be scheduled I guess.

My children's holiday shopping requires one more thing for YoungOne and some more trinkets & goodies for their stockings but other than that THEY are done. Yippee. The rest of my shopping (aka Sam Goody cards for the nieces & nephews) must wait til bonus check day.

Oh Yum! Friday is toasted ravioli's, lobsta tail & cocktails for free! (other things as well, but those are tops!) I love the company Christmas party! Though Hubby's boss's wives are over the top (so much $$ they can just volunteer their well dressed time away) my sister in law (the cat one) is there and the brother in law and another couple who's wife I like (she is a teacher and just inherited a nice chunk of cash, lucky girl!) The Boys are off to Griswierd for the whole weekend, My cousin is watching Princess Boil on the Bum and being the Designated Driver for us ala minivan, So I am jazzed!

Welp, Princess is whining in the highchair, tired of sitting I do suppose! Ouch! (it's up higher, i am not that mean!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home