~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Tuesday, August 19

Simple Steps.

Tomorrow night I am going to go sit in a nice quiet Barnes & Noble and relax. There are a couple books I desire to scope out. Simple Steps is supposed to be a back to basics book that in 10 weeks, will assist you in getting control of your life. I saw it on the Today show. I am a goober. I think I have seen them on Oprah too. So, I will look into this. Perhaps I will convince my favorite people to travel the 10 weeks with me. I will share my book! HMM. Can I get in trouble if I list the weekly "goal" on my blog?

On the show they did mention one thing, that I have begun doing prior to scoping out the book. They suggested a "Gratitude Journal" You write 3 things you are grateful for in your life every day. I also am having my OlderOne do this. I told him it could be anything he wants it to be, whatever in his life brings him joy. I told him I don't need to read it so he doesn't have to put in things he thinks I want him to say. I know one of the first things he wrote though was about his Gameboy, cause he got it cause he said he needed to spell it right. Cute. I was trying to find a way for him to learn to express himself. I guess this just fell in my lap! Thankfully. I don't think I will have him do it daily, maybe a few times a week.

So we shall see.

Well no long distance phones calls from the Frog screaming about Schwanny proposing on the rollercoaster over the lake in damn near Arkansas. I don't have any married friends. How strange is that? I would have never thought that I'd be the only married one. This must me remedied. Hmm, can we get Schwanny a session with a hypnotist for Christmas? It is in his mind, it just needs to surface correctly!

I need a beer, please come home Froggie dearest....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home