~MrsGivings~ The many faces of MY insanity!

"The secret to life, is knowing that beauty and wisdom can be found in the simplest of moments."

Thursday, May 25

Is there anywhere...

I wish I had someone who lived somewhere just far away enough to count as "near by"
I wish I had someone who lived someplace fun or at least perhaps peaceful. Maybe on a lake. Yet with air conditioning. Someone/someplace I could just pack up my creatures and head off for no particular reason. I kind of do. There is a place on the river. BUT that throws out the peaceful part. HMMM, Missouri river, 3 kids. NOT a good idea. Or perhaps I am too picky. Something about a spider inhabited trailer is not sounding delightful to me. Hubby however loves it. Fishing & beer, he knows no spiders or child drowning fears. So I sit and wish. and wish. and wish.

Not working. No place to go. No where to hide. And still too much crap to do. Only 1 more "free" day. Then I will be WAY out numbered. Why is there no "free summer things to do in Boring Omaha" in a Google search.

Things I do have planned for the summer:

Older One signed up at Library for some classes he will probably roll his eyes at me for.

Sprinkler Parks, gotta love free.

Leisure Water Parks, for when I can scrape up $10 for watery drownless joy.

Maybe a trip to Lincoln to the Children's Museum, as I like it better than ours. And I think even with gas to drive there, it's cheaper.

I even filled the little kiddy pool outside today. Well mostly cause the puppy likes it, but the kids will eventually realize it's full too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home